Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday 17 September 2011

And that is why I will never be a celebrity...

I would rather be jobless, friendless than be a celebrity. And yes, I'm jobless but I'm only a student. But I'm sure won't be a celebrity when I grow up. And it's not because I can't sing, dance or model but because of the  media...

I was reading Daily Mail online because of my research into "Real Life Lara Croft" and I saw an article titled "She is not a size four!" Project Runaway's Tim Gunn takes aim at newly slimline Kirstie Alley (who, by the way, is a model/actress). Kirstie Alley told Radar Online how, when she was a size 14, she wished she could get to size 4, and declared that she lost 100 pounds after being on the show Dancing with the Stars. 


But she was slated by Tim Gunn who said that Miss Alley is only a size 8-10.

I bet that must hurt. I mean, being slated by a man who is on a fashion show. And I think what both people done was wrong. Miss Alley is not a good role model by saying she didn't feel comfortable at size 14 and that she wanted to get to size 4 (and maybe she is a size 4). And then it was wrong for Mr Gunn who claimed that the model is not a size 4, but a size 8-10. It really isn't his business to get involved. I know everyone has its own opinion, but MY opinion is that Mr Gunn was wrong to argue against Miss Alley and then say that she still looks beautiful. I don't think Miss Alley can forgive you, Mr Gunn, even after the "compliment".

I also read that in Big Brother (which I don't watch) the bellydancer (forgot her name) was voted off and then booed by the crowd. I wonder (because again, I don't watch BB) is it because the bellydancer has a great body that she has been booed? Hmmm...

I also read on Daily Mail online that a young six year old has been used in a fashion show somewhere in America. This is obviously disgusting and disappointing but I'm not surprised. After all, the society has become twisted and now encourages children as being sex objects.

I also read about an dancing star who took on to high-waist trousers and see through black top with green bra. While I agree that maybe she doesn't look good with those jeans, I however think that the media should stop picking on curvy celebrities and actually encourage curvy bodies as they are healthier than skinny, anorexic celebrities. I mean, the society wants to stop suicide or/and death due to anorexia, right?

Lastly, why I could never become a celebrity is because of all the added stress: "You have to lose weight" "Your teeth need to be whiter" "You should be more sexy". They are all examples of what celebrities, especially women, have to face every single time they go out. And lets not forget the harsh critics on your clothing and the haters.

No comments:

Post a Comment