Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday 2 September 2011

Single Parents

I want to say a warm welcome to our first member, Rabia. I'm afraid Zarrin isn't able to join, but if she does she is welcomed. I took the ads down because they took too much space and it didn't work.

As I spoke about most of subjects that annoy me, I went to Google to find inspiration. I didn't. Maybe because I wanted to speak more about things that annoy me. Now, the subject will be single mums.

My mum is a single mum. There are many single mums, and figures show that 52% of those single mums are below the poverty line. They are scapegoat in the society, like teenagers (ah! Inspiration!). What is scapegoating? Scapegoat is when a group in society are blamed for problems in a society. For example single mums are blamed for poverty. Some might even go far and say it's their fault they are single and in poverty, because they couldn't "keep" a husband.

That is very unfair. But it is known people hate those they can't understand. And most males blame single mums, in politics. As I said before my mum is a single parent, and I know how it is to be in such a family. It isn't my mum's fault they split up. I think they both have their own faults.

Moving on. The fact that most single parents are in poverty means that the society is messed up. And I'm speaking about single parents in UK. I really believe this should change, because we should respect single parents as they are alone and are looking after one or more children.

Why do I keep saying single parents? Because there ARE single dads too. Maybe their partner died, and they can't move on, can't re-marry or want a girlfriend.

Single mums are always blamed, especially by media. But most single mums that are blamed are teenage mums. I don't know where, but I did write that most mums are middle age women. So teens should be HELPED not BLAMED.

Lastly, why are single parents in poverty? In my opinion it's because the society blames them for poverty and all bad in society. And media encourages this. So employers don't want to employ single parents, and they end up in poverty. I mean, there are benefits right? But are they enough? Why pay a football team when you can stop poverty? Pay a football player/team less and do something better with the money.

Conclusion? Single parents shouldn't be blamed, as it's not their fault for all problems in society. Next time I'll be talking about teens and how they are blamed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment