Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday 1 September 2011

ANTM and BINTM...

First off I would like to say I'm quite excited. People from Australia and Germany are visiting my page. Cool! And USA...thanks all who are visiting my page and telling their friends. A special thanks to Zarrin, my friend from Bangladesh. I'm missing you a lot. I got 6 page views today, 7 yesterday, 64 last month and most are from UK. Hopefully I'll also get some comments? Or do I ask for too much? I don't know...

Anyway, it's 11:31 a.m., I'm bored and I am watching Jeremy Kyle. I don't know why. But before I switched to JK, I was watching America Next Top Model, or ANTM as in the title. (BINTM= Britain & Ireland Next Top Model). There is also Australia's (hello Australia, thanks for visiting my page) Next Top Model. I'm sorry but I don't really like Australia's rules. If I go on your show, even though I'm too young...no scratch that. If I was 18, same weight, maybe taller, and went on your show I would be thrown out.

Because I'm not skinny, I'm a little over the normal weight. So you guys wouldn't take me on. Because for the past months while I was watching AuNTM (Australia's) I only saw skinny models, and they were always on diet and exercising. I mean, it is healthy exercising. But really? If you put on a LITTLE bit of weight, you had to lose it and FAST. I mean, the Model society want skinny girls. OKAY? Good, now lose weight.

This is a good impact of the media. Now models have to be skinny, a size 0 in America. It is the wanted look. If you're overweight or normal there is no place for you in model world.

No, I'm being mean. If we look on ANTM there was one plus size model winner. I forgot her name. She was blonde, and everybody said she behaved like a pageant queen. I don't know if I spelled that right. Anyway, she won and she was a plus size model. But there was only ONE winner. And I bet she was influenced and asked to lose weight or else.

In BINTM I never saw a plus size model. I mean, I haven't watched those shows for a long while because my mum hates them. And I dislike them sometimes because they are really stereotypical and mean. Expect for ANTM, it seems Tyra Banks is a great mentor. I wish she would teach me how to model. Whatever, because I'll never be model. I'm too feminist for that. I would argue back every time someone would criticize me. Maybe because I'm a scorpio? Who knows.

If I had to choose to always watch a model show, I would choose ANTM because they are really nice and funny. Not too serious, I don't like that. I also like the fact they let plus size models come into competition. (I just had to change because there was a stupid show on. BLAH! Music is better, and I'll write about that later on).

There is something else I never understood, and maybe disliked a little bit at these shows. Why are there always girl models and no boys? I mean, really? Are there no male models in the competition. But I like what Tyra Banks once said, that male models are toys and you should outshine them. I'm with you, sister!

Conclusion? These shows are somewhat stereotypical. But they also help women get somewhere far and big. But BINTM and AuNTM should let plus size models through. Because it is not fair!

****Next time, maybe tomorrow: music and how it represents women****

I will also start with some psychology because I'm learning about it soon. God, summer went fast. At least it was fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment